Frequently Asked Questions
Need some help with your order or got a burning question that you need answered pronto? We hope the Frequently Asked Questions below will help with most queries. If you can’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact us to find out more
My Fridge is making noise
1. The following sounds are normal and are usually an indication that the refrigerator is operating properly:
• Compressor: Humming sound
• Gas expansion: Boiling, gurgling or hissing sound.
• Defrosting: Water flowing sound
2. If the sound is not normal, do as follow;
• Check that the refrigerator is level.
• Check that the defrost water drain-pan on top of the compressor.
• Inspect the compressor mounts.
How do I get rid of bad odor?
• Regularly cleaning your refrigerator keeps odor away. Clean the inside of the refrigerator with a sponge, lukewarm water or carbonated water.Check if nothing spilled in the fridge.
What do I do when my refrigerator is too warm?
• Adjust the temperature control knob setting to the right cold temperature.Make sure it is not overloaded. Check for air flow restrictions round the sides, back and top of the refrigerator. Also check the door gaskets for damage and always make sure that the door is properly closed. Check if the light goes off when you close fridge. Check if the unit is not close to heat source or direct sunlight or if the unit is not in a poorly ventilated area.
My refrigerator light is not working, what should I do?
• Switch unit off at socket and check that the bulb is screwed in tightly, if yes maybe the bulb has blown and needs to be replaced.
What should I do when there is ice forming in my Fridge?
• Check if gasket is sealing. Also check if the door / lid is closing properly. Check if the thermostat is not set up high
How do I deal with a flooding floor or cabinet?
• Check the drain trough for blockage. Check if the drain-pan on top of the compressor is upright and secure.
What causes my refrigerator to run continuously or for a long time?
• The ambient room temperature may be high.
• Large amounts of warm food might have been put in the refrigerator recently. Warm food causes longer running of the refrigerator until the food has cooled down.
• Doors might have been opened frequently or left ajar for a long time. The warm air that has entered into the refrigerator causes the refrigerator to run for longer periods.
• The refrigerator is adjusted to a very low temperature.
• The door seal of the fridge or freezer may be worn out, broken or not properly seated. A damaged/broken seal causes the refrigerator to run for a longer period of time in order to maintain the current temperature.
Why do the front and sides of the refrigerator feel warm?
• Heating tubes are located beneath the surface to prevent condensation on a cold surface. There might be humidity in the air; this is quite normal in humid weather. When the humidity is less, condensation will disappear.
My refrigerator doors are sometimes difficult to open?
• When the door is closed and opened immediately thereafter, warm air which entered the refrigerator caused a pressure difference which tends to suck the door closed momentarily. Wait a little while and the door should open easily once more.
What causes condensation on the side wall of the fridge compartment?
• Leaving the door ajar
putting warm or hot food in the fridge.
• Very cold ambient conditions.
• Highly humid ambient conditions.
• Frequent opening and closing of the door.
• Switching the thermostat to a colder degree.
• Storage of food containing liquid in open containers.
• Covering the food stored in open containers with a suitable material.
• Wipe the condensation using a dry cloth.
• Decreasing the amount of time the door is left open or using it less frequently.
How come my fridge temperature is very low while the freezer temperature is sufficient?
• The fridge temperature might have been adjusted to a very low temperature. Rectify it.
Why is the food in my compartment drawer freezing?
• The fridge temperature might have been adjusted to a very cold temperature. Adjust the fridge temperature to a warmer degree and check.
What to do when your fridge stop working
• Check if your plug is switched on ( where you plugged the fridge).
•Check if your thermostat is not switched off ( the knob inside your fridge).
•Check if your main power supply is ON(Check your circuit breaker or if you have power units).
•Plug another unit on that fridge plug( if the appliance work then call our Technical desk).
Do you have any questions in your mind?
Technical Data is available on all our products. For more details download the product catalog or speak to one of our dedicated technicians.