Frequently Asked Questions
Need some help with your order or got a burning question that you need answered pronto? We hope the Frequently Asked Questions below will help with most queries. If you can’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact us to find out more
What do I do when my refrigerator stops working?
1. The following sounds are normal and are usually an indication that the refrigerator is operating properly:
• Compressor: Humming sound
• Gas expansion: Boiling, gurgling or hissing sound.
• Defrosting: Water flowing sound
2. If the sound is not normal, do as follow;
• Check that the refrigerator is level.
• Check that the defrost water drain-pan on top of the compressor.
• Inspect the compressor mounts.
How do I get rid of bad odor?
• Regularly cleaning your refrigerator keeps odor away. Clean the inside of the refrigerator with a sponge, lukewarm water or carbonated water. Some containers or package materials might cause the smell. Use a different container or different brand of packaging material.
What do I do when my refrigerator is too warm or too cold?
• Adjust the temperature control knob setting to the right temperature. Make sure there is enough room for air to flow between the refrigerator contents. Check for air flow restrictions round the sides, back and top of the refrigerator. Also check the door gaskets for damage and always make sure that the door is properly closed.
Help! My light is on but my motto is not running?
• Check that your thermostat is adjusted to mid setting.
My refrigerator light is not working, what should I do?
• Switch unit off at socket and check that the bulb is screwed in tightly, if yes maybe the bulb has blown and needs to be replaced.
What should I do when there is ice forming in my Fridge?
• Check if gasket is sealing. Also check if the door / lid is closing properly.
How do I deal with a flooding floor or cabinet?
• Check the drain trough for blockage. Make sure that the area is clear between the freezer plate and the draining trough. Check if the drain-pan on top of the compressor is upright and secure. If you have an ice-maker, also check the water supply hose going into and coming out of the water inlet valve.
How do I deal with water inside the refrigerator cabinet?
• Clean the drain tube. If the refrigerator or freezer is located in a hot and humid area, and the door is opened frequently, water droplets or dew may form on the interior walls and glass shelves of the appliance. This has no effect on the performance and the water may simply be wiped up using an absorbent cloth.
What causes my refrigerator to run continuously or for a long time?
• Your new refrigerator may be larger than the previous one. This is quite normal. Large refrigerators operate for a longer period of time.
• The ambient room temperature may be high. This is quite normal.
• The refrigerator might have been plugged in recently or might have been loaded with food.
• Cooling down of the refrigerator completely may take longer.
• Large amounts of hot food might have been put in the refrigerator recently. Hot food causes longer running of the refrigerator until the food has cooled down.
• Doors might have been opened frequently or left ajar for a long time. The warm air that has entered into the refrigerator causes the refrigerator to run for longer periods. Open the doors less frequently.
• The freezer or fridge compartment door might have been left ajar. Check that the doors are tightly closed.
• The refrigerator is adjusted to a very low temperature. Adjust the refrigerator temperature to a warmer degree and wait until the temperature is achieved.
• The door seal of the fridge or freezer may be soiled, worn out, broken or not properly seated. Clean or replace the seal. A damaged/broken seal causes the refrigerator to run for a longer period of time in order to maintain the current temperature. Check if the freezer needs defrosting. (Manual defrosts models).
Why do the front and sides of the refrigerator feel warm?
• Heating tubes are located beneath the surface to prevent condensation on a cold surface. There might be humidity in the air; this is quite normal in humid weather. When the humidity is less, condensation will disappear.
Why are refrigerator doors sometimes difficult to open?
• When the door is closed and opened immediately thereafter, warm air which entered the refrigerator caused a pressure difference which tends to suck the door closed momentarily. Wait a little while and the door should open easily once more.
What causes condensation on the side wall of the fridge compartment?
• Leaving the door ajar
• Very cold ambient conditions.
• Highly humid ambient conditions.
• Frequent opening and closing of the door.
• Switching the thermostat to a colder degree.
• Storage of food containing liquid in open containers.
• Covering the food stored in open containers with a suitable material.
• Wipe the condensation using a dry cloth and check if it persists.
• Decreasing the amount of time the door is left open or using it less frequently.
How come my fridge temperature is very low while the freezer temperature is sufficient?
• The fridge temperature might have been adjusted to a very low temperature. Rectify it.
Why is the food in my compartment drawer freezing?
• The fridge temperature might have been adjusted to a very low temperature. Adjust the fridge temperature to a warmer degree and check.
Do you have any questions in your mind?
Technical Data is available on all our products. For more details download the product catalog or speak to one of our dedicated technicians.